- How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Your digital footprint can affect the jobs that you may have in the future. When you apply for a job the employer may look up your name and if they find anything found to be rude or offensive you won’t get the job. Something that you may have posted a few years ago may severely affect the opportunities and jobs you will have in the future.
- Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe. Make sure everything you post online is always kind. If you think for even a second that you shouldn’t post something do not post it. Don’t say anything on social media that you wouldn’t say to your parents.
- If you could go back in time, is there anything you would do differently online? Think of what type of advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students. How could you go about explaining it to them? I don’t think that there is anything I posted that particularly regret, maybe a few embarrassing photos but nothing that could affect my future.
You are now going to create your very first post. In a separate tab or browser window, go to your Dashboard on the left and go to Posts -> Add New.
1) Title – Create a title for your blog post. Your title will be: Digital Footprint Assignment
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Follow the instructions on the Digital Footprint Assignment page to see what questions you need to answer here.
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can “Add Media” and “Add Documents” into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Make sure to categorize each post with the relevant subject. E.g. Categories -> English
6) Tags – Here is where you tag posts with one or two of the most readily applicable Core Competencies. These tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. E.g. Tag -> creativethinking
7) Publish – When you are done, simply “Publish” it. If it has been edited, press “Republish” to update with the latest version of the content.