1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
- If I post anything bad on social media, a future job that I may be applying for may find it and reconsider their choice to hire me.
- If I post anything bad on social media, a future college or university may find it and that opportunity will fall short.
- If I say bad things on the internet to someone, that person might find me in real life and spiral into a dangerous situation.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- To not post anything inappropriate, hateful, and stuff of that sort.
- To keep track of what sites I sign up for and follow.
- To think about my actions on the internet.
- To take extra online security measures, such as a VPN.
- To make my personal accounts private, such as my personal Instagram account.
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything that you would do differently online? Think of what advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students.
If I could go back in time, I would let my younger self know to always be careful of what I do online. A lot of times, people, when they’re young, do things online that they later in life look back at in regret. I, in some way, am one of them, and I would tell my younger self to prevent that from happening.