- What are your thoughts on hybrid learning (in person and at home) compared to when you are in your learning groups (at school for all classes). Which format do you prefer, and why?
It has been slightly challenging to adjust to the quarter system of half online, and half in person. I personally prefer working at school, in person. I prefer to work in real life because it is less easy for me to get distracted, which I tend to do often. There is more structure to in person classes as well. I also get to socialize with my peers which makes me happy, and its easier to work when I’m happy. I think overall I like working at school more because it is more engaging.
- How has technology benefitted you during the hybrid learning experience?
Without technology the hybrid learning system would not be possible. Seeing as how half of class is online, technology was more than 50% of my schoolwork. I personally think it helped me with writing a lot. Compared to writing more traditionally, typing is easier for me, and more efficient since it doesn’t take as much time. Adding to that, when writing on something like word, there are automatic grammar and spelling corrections which were very helpful in making my writing sound more professionally.
- How has technology impeded you during the hybrid learning experience?
Anytime that we were on a Teams meeting or another kind of online call, we had to rely on our technology to stay on and connected. I know that there were many instances with my classmates as well as myself where our computers died or disconnected from the call. Then we would have to reboot, and it takes a long time. In that time the lesson was still going on, and we were missing it. Additionally, I personally found that learning on my computer provided lots of distracting material. you can access many things on the internet in a snap. It was hard to not get distracted, and many times I did.
- Is there anything that you hope remains a part of school that was new because of hybrid learning after the pandemic is over and school returns to normal?
One thing that I wish would stay the same is the subjects. That sounds vague, so in more depth, I really enjoyed how there were only two subjects to focus on at a time. Even though there was a very large workload, it was easier to study knowing that there were only two things to focus on at a time. I liked that a lot. I think it will be more stressful in the semester system when we have four classes at a time.
- Link to 2 Projects in school /TALONS that used digital technology and explain how the use of that digital technology enhanced your project. Ideas include In-Depth, Eminent, Zip, individual class projects in Talons or other subjects…