Friday June 5th, 2020
For anyone who was still using the blog I am sorry that I have not kept up the posts. All the assignments and notes have been posted to Teams. Most students felt more comfortable using that medium for work so I have focused my efforts there. Going forward please be sure to check Teams as our last few final assignments will be there.
Tuesday May 19th, 2020
Monday May 18th, 2020
The Basement Tapes Discussion Questions:
- Did you know about the data that talked about the hazards of margarine and was it surprising to you? Are the statistics really that life changing?
- Think of examples of misconceptions you had in the past. How or why were your perceptions/opinions changed?
- Do you think people in general are open to new information changing their opinions? Why or why not?
- Have you ever doubted a decision your parents have made? It could be about anything, simple or complicated. Did you talk to them about it? Or trust that they were right due to their experience and wisdom?
- Are there things that you do because you have picked them up from your parents or older people who influence you? Think about why you do them? Have you ever thought about why you do them?
- Do you agree with Malcolm’s final thesis. Why or Why not?
Friday May 15th, 2020
Wednesday May 13th, 2020
I wanted to give you a little break between posting this information and you handing in your assignments. Your prep for Fridays Tutorial is very minimal. All you need to do is read the following refresher notes on Thesis statements found on the following website, listen to the podcast(30 minutes) and think about the questions.
Podcast for Fridays Tutorial. It is only 30 minutes in length and you can listen anywhere. On a walk, in the car or lounging around at home. I would also like you to think of the following questions in preparation for our discussion on Friday. Fridays tutorial is an easy 3 marks so don’t miss out.
- What is Malcolm’s Thesis Statement?
- Do you think the government or a large company has the right to tell you how your food should be cooked?
- Have you ever actually thought about what companies put in their food. Fast Food companies used to fry their fries in beef tallow and animal fat, do you ever wonder what the situation is now? When is comes to frying and cooking the food you buy?
- Sometimes delicious food has to be unhealthy and there is no way around it. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Do you think that there is no substitute for good food?
- Do you think someone should be able to affect public policy because they have money and influence?
- Does the technical aspects of Malcolm’s podcast help you understand the ins and outs of nutrition in regards to fats. Why or why not. Does it matter?
Podcast: McDonald’s Broke My heart