1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
Digital footprints can effect us is many ways. The first way is that it can be used against or for you when you apply for a job. The second way is that you might post something that you might think is ok about someone else, but that other person might find it offensive.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- Use the THINK rule
- Proof read it so you can make sure that you don’t post something that you wouldn’t want to post
- You can ask a friend to check on what you do online incase you accidentally post something you didn’t want to post
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything you would do differently online? Think of what type of advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students. How could you go about explaining it to them?
I think it is very important to keep a good digital footprint as is can also help you for your future career and much more. It can also help you meet new people that you might have not met if you didn’t have a digital footprint. But it is very important to MAINTAIN that good digital footprint, as it can also be used against you, if you used it in a bad way.
You are now going to create your very first post. In a separate tab or browser window, go to your Dashboard on the left and go to Posts -> Add New.
1) Title – Create a title for your blog post. Your title will be: Digital Footprint Assignment
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Follow the instructions on the Digital Footprint Assignment page to see what questions you need to answer here.
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can “Add Media” and “Add Documents” into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Make sure to categorize each post with the relevant subject. E.g. Categories -> English
6) Tags – Here is where you tag posts with one or two of the most readily applicable Core Competencies. These tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. E.g. Tag -> creativethinking
7) Publish – When you are done, simply “Publish” it. If it has been edited, press “Republish” to update with the latest version of the content.