1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples. The first example is if you wanna get any job like police officer and if you have posted something like a robbery or a joke about someone or bullying someone that manager can look information about you and decline you for the job. The second example is your going to university and you have posted in social media that your doing drugs or making fun of someone or posting a video that someone is saying bad words it can effect you to not go to university because the teacher looked at the information about you.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe. the first strategy is to think before you post something. The second strategy is to ask an adult if you can post this online and ask if this can effect you future. The third strategy is to never ever post about you bullying someone or someone else is bullying this can effect you future and someone might call a police on you and they can find where you live
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything that you would do differently online? Think of what advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students. if I would go back to my past I would pay attention more on what I’m doing and what I’m posting and I would more often ask my parents if its ok to post something on social media.
[enter your response here]
You are now going to create your very first post. In a separate tab or browser window, go to your Dashboard on the left and go to Posts -> Add New.
1) Title – Create a title for your blog post. Your title will be: Digital Footprint Assignment
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Follow the instructions on the Digital Footprint Assignment page to see what questions you need to answer here.
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can “Add Media” and “Add Documents” into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Make sure to categorize each post with the relevant subject. E.g. Categories -> English
6) Tags – Here is where you tag posts with one or two of the most readily applicable Core Competencies. These tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. E.g. Tag -> creativethinking
7) Publish – When you are done, simply “Publish” it. If it has been edited, press “Republish” to update with the latest version of the content.