1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
[It’s like being on facebook and you are writing a comment. future employments might want to see it. Since my parents have a job, i would like a job too. I would like to do my job as an author like my dad. he checks his spelling and I try to do that too because i want to be like him.]
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
[It’s like making your sentence appororitate for everyone to see. I would try to make correct answers appororiate for everyone to read. I do spell checking like my dad. He checks his spelling every time he writes.
I would be a famous author like him because I like to type. I even check my spelling everytime I read.]
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything you would do differently online? Think of what type of advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students. How could you go about explaining it to them?
[I would start it over because we all make mistakes. Maybe having some help would work before I start the story over. Make sure to check your spelling before you write. Because we all make mistakes. Checking your spelling. Because spelling means a good story.]
You are now going to create your very first post. In a separate tab or browser window, go to your Dashboard on the left and go to Posts -> Add New.
1) Title – Create a title for your blog post. Your title will be: Digital Footprint Assignment
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Follow the instructions on the Digital Footprint Assignment page to see what questions you need to answer here.
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can “Add Media” and “Add Documents” into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Make sure to categorize each post with the relevant subject. E.g. Categories -> English
6) Tags – Here is where you tag posts with one or two of the most readily applicable Core Competencies. These tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. E.g. Tag -> creativethinking
7) Publish – When you are done, simply “Publish” it. If it has been edited, press “Republish” to update with the latest version of the content.