1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
It could affect your future in multiple ways, either big or small. If you went to get a big job, they could have searched the internet for information on you and what you have put out on the internet. Which could either help you get the job or maybe even be a big part of why you didn’t get the job. In addition, maybe you want to join a group or something, they could turn you away because of something you’ve posted in the past even if you aren’t the same type of person now.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- Think before you post or say something on the internet
- Make things private so not everyone can see it.
- Limit the types of data you share on the internet.
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything that you would do differently online? Think of what advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students.
I would not do anything differently because I’ve always looked out for what I’m putting on the internet and I have never put anything bad or anything that I believe is inappropriate. Therefore, I would just say to always think about what you’re doing before doing it and think about if you really want that on the internet forever.