The assignment that I am reflecting on for semester 1 is my infographic in my science honours class, is my infographic which I did on Canadas meat intake and how it affects the environment it also included methane gas and how cows when burping release it into the environment and why it could be a cause for global warming or some aspects of it. I was able to bring creative thinking and critical thinking into creating and designing this project and some challenges I faced were being able too think of an idea that not many other people did so it was an original idea and also finding information on my topic because it wasn’t a very common topic.
1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
For example, you could potentially harm your chances of getting into your chosen university due to a tweet that you thought was harmless but instead damaged your future. Also it could be the same thing with a picture you posted in high school that might have been appropriate at the time but when you apply for a job they may not think the same when they find it on the internet.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
You could not post anything that would be considered bullying or even something that could be considered negative about someone else online, you could also think will this post be harming my safety or the safety of others around me. The last one is would you be okay with your grandmother seeing your post or tweet? if not, you should most likely not post something like that on the internet for the whole world to see.
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything you would do differently online? Think of what type of advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students. How could you go about explaining it to them?
If there had to be some advice I could pass on to other students, it would definitely be don’t post anything that could harm yourself or your future because on the internet anything you say or post can be used against you negatively if it isn’t appropriate.
You are now going to create your very first post. In a separate tab or browser window, go to your Dashboard on the left and go to Posts -> Add New.
1) Title – Create a title for your blog post. Your title will be: Digital Footprint Assignment
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Follow the instructions on the Digital Footprint Assignment page to see what questions you need to answer here.
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can “Add Media” and “Add Documents” into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Make sure to categorize each post with the relevant subject. E.g. Categories -> English
6) Tags – Here is where you tag posts with one or two of the most readily applicable Core Competencies. These tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. E.g. Tag -> creativethinking
7) Publish – When you are done, simply “Publish” it. If it has been edited, press “Republish” to update with the latest version of the content.