First Core Competencies Reflection
Hi! Welcome to my first Core Competencies reflection. Please enjoy!
1. During Quarter 1, what went well for you? Explain.
Almost everything, honestly. Something about my mindset and my environment must have changed this year and I feel so much more confident. Things that used to make me upset just don’t bother me anymore. I suddenly have the drive to finish things I don’t feel passionate about, which is weird because I find it very difficult to be motivated about assignments, I’m not super passionate about. I made so many friends and none of my friendships feel strained the way they used to be. Every day I come home feeling happy, and that is kind of unusual.
2. During Quarter 1, what did you find challenging or disappointing or stressful? Explain.
I was disappointed in myself for having to sacrifice my health and my sleep for school. I went on a total break from having a proper sleep schedule from the week before Halloween till the week of the quarter switch, because the week before Halloween had me balancing an enormous personal project and school commitments, and the two weeks afterwards were filled with Science projects and tests that I likely overstudied for. I also didn’t do very much of my work in class when we had independent study blocks at home and at school
3. Think of ONE thing you really want to improve in Quarter 2 (and Q 3&4).
I want to stop putting off the independent work I have during my online blocks and just get it done so I’m not in a rush to do things anymore.
4. What are two specific actions that you can start doing every day to get closer to your goal? How long will you spend on this action each day? What part of the day?
a) Establishing a routine and opening my laptop at the very beginning of the block. Hopefully, that won’t take too much time.
b) I will motivate myself to get started early by taking care of myself, like waking up earlier and making a nice meal before every block. I’ll try to spend less time on these types of things though, maybe 30 minutes at a time.
5. If you experience challenges, what might you do to work through them? Examples: ask help from a friend or parent; break the task into smaller chunks; “google” how other people may deal with similar problems.
I will ask my parents to remind me constantly to get started on my work, maybe ask my friends for suggestions, Google some productivity tips if I’m really struggling and the like.
Thanks for reading my reflection!