During Quarter 1, what went well for you? Explain. Examples: being back in the classroom, having only two courses, seeing my friends, keeping up with homework, playing volleyball, improving math, helping plan a virtual assembly, becoming more fit.
- I was able to prioritize hobbies and rest due to only having two relatively easy courses to work on (Band and English)
- It was easier to complete all of my homework
- I was able to do more activities with my friends
- I could improve my playing more in band since I had more time to focus on it
During Quarter 1, what did you find challenging or disappointing or stressful? Explain.
- Although I was definitely able to complete all of my assignments, since we had so much time to work on them, I found that I was procrastinating more on my homework
- I was generally less motivated to do school since I had so much time to complete everything
Think of ONE thing you really want to improve in Quarter 2 (and Q 3&4). Examples: a school subject, a sport, time spent on homework/studying, playing a musical instrument, leadership skills, a language, photography, a relationship, general fitness.
I would like to improve my motivation more and work on procrastinating less
What are two specific actions that you can start doing every day to get closer to your goal? How long will you spend on this action each day? What part of the day?
a) Keep a to-do list that I update regularly so I can see all upcoming deadlines and manage my time better
b) Turn off my phone and mute all notifications for social media apps until I’m finished all my homework for the day
If you experience challenges, what might you do to work through them? Examples: ask help from a friend or parent; break the task into smaller chunks; “google” how other people may deal with similar problems.
- Ask a parent to hold onto my phone until I’m finished homework
- Try downloading a productivity/focus app for my laptop or phone