1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
My digital footprint can affect my future opportunities negatively and positively. Having a negative digital footprint could affect job opportunities and scholarships, possibly endangering my future career. Having a positive digital footprint can showcase my identity, skills, and interests and could lead to increased opportunities in the future.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- I can use the THINK method to make sure everything i’m doing or posting online is safe.
- I can ask myself if I would stand by my comment or post and be proud of it.
- I can change privacy setting and make my accounts private instead of public so only chosen people can view it.
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything that you would do differently online? Think of what advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students.
If I could go back in time, I would tell my younger self to have a social media presence earlier on. If I knew that social media could be used to positively impact my digital footprint, I would have used it sooner. From this assignment, I learned that most job employers look at social media accounts to see who you are as a person. By controlling what I leave online, I can have a positive portfolio for others to find.