大家好! My name is Yao Ming. You might recognize me as a professional NBA player, but my influence and achievements go beyond the basketball court.
I was a natural at basketball from a young age. Although my height played a factor in my success, hard work and perseverance were what brought me to the top. Even when I was only 13 years old, I trained rigorously by practicing basketball for up to 10 hours every day.
When I first entered the NBA, I was expected to fail. Other basketball players made jokes that discriminated against my Chinese background. However, I never backed down and fought to make sure my culture was properly represented. Overall, I had a very successful career in the NBA. Here are my top 10 plays!
Unfortunately, I suffered from many injuries throughout my entire career. I was plagued with sprained ankles, fractured feet, and bone infections. Despite the pain that the injuries brought on, I persisted and continued to play every time my injuries were healed.
Even after his retirement, I continue to inspire countless people all over the world. As the first Chinese international sports star, I am a figure that Chinese youth look up to. The charity foundation that I built, the Yao Foundation, has promoted sports and fitness education throughout China.
Now, let’s play some basketball! I wish I could we could have a real match, but a virtual game works too! Move around with arrow keys or ‘WASD’. Jump with the ‘Space’ key. Left-click to throw normally, and right-click to throw with less force. Once the ball is thrown, move near it to pick it up again.
Try to complete some challenges:
- Layup – Use the backboard to bounce the ball into the hoop
- Jump Shot – Throw the ball to make a shot in mid-air
- 3-Pointer – Make a shot behind the 3-point line(red line)
- Swish – Get the ball through the hoop without it touching the rim or the backboard. Good luck!
- Ramp Up – There are no ramps in a real basketball court, but let’s get interesting! Make a shot while standing on the ramp.
- Eleven – That’s the number on my basketball jersey! Try to get exactly 11 points. Remember, you receive 3 points for a shot made behind the 3-point line and 2 points for a shot made anywhere else.
- Dunked – Use the ramp and jump up towards the hoop. Then, dunk that ball.
Thank you for visiting! Feel free to ask me any questions.