TALONS Digital Literacy #4

Parts of a Cell

The actual Powerpoint was deleted by the teacher, so I am unable to link that here.

Notes

Summary:

This project was a very unique because it was a huge project that the entire class worked together to make. Each person was assigned to research a specific part of the cell and presented their part to the class along with a powerpoint presentation. Each person was only allowed to use a maximum of 2 slides and one minutes for their presentation. In the end, we would have a very long presentation on all of the parts of the cell where everyone would take turns going up to the front of the class to present their assigned part of the cell.

2. I tailor my work to appeal to my intended audience, and use language and visual design elements appropriate for them

In order to make my presentation more engaging, I added a few jokes and pictures to make it more entertaining for my audience. However, I had to make sure that I didn’t put too many jokes since that may have made the entire presentation less educational. I also needed to change some of the wording from the sites I researched so that everyone would understand what I was saying without having to have prior knowledge on the topic. There was also one instance when a section that I took out ended up being put back into my presentation just before I went because one of the other presentations explained what a chloroplast was.

5. I enhance the impact of my research or presentation through creative use of technology

I took advantage of the animation feature in powerpoint to further enhance the presentation. I added a lot of movement to keep my audience engaged, and to make it seem like I put more effort into the project. For example, I animated a few oil containers to pack together into a box to show that leucoplasts store starch and oil in a cool and (hopefully) impressive way.