1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
Digital Footprint can affect your future opportunities when you leave negative footprints out on the internet for the world to see. For example, you could’ve written mean, hurtful things to a stranger that could be someone very important to your life in the future. Another example is sharing too much out on the internet. If you leave too much information to others such as phone numbers, emails or even credit card numbers, even if it is on a private account, it can potentially lead to receiving calls from strangers, and unknown purchases.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
Some strategies to keep my digital footprint appropriate and safe is…
- Thinking before sharing anything out on the internet
- Delete old accounts
- Don’t overshare
- Keep a strong password/Keep the password to yourself
- Be kind to others on the internet
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything you would do differently online? Think of what type of advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students. How could you go about explaining it to them?
I would set a more powerful password for my social media accounts for it to not get hacked if I would go back in time. It’s very sad to see your account with memories get hacked. I would also save all my passwords on google drive to not forget any of my passwords.