1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
When aplying for a job the employers could search up your name and find some stuff that you posted a long time ago that could affect whether you get the job or not. Another example is someone could stalk you online based on what information and photos you’ve posted online.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- Dont post any personal information like where you live, your school or your phone number.
- Have your accounts be a nickname and not your real name.
- Have accounts like instagram be private, and only let people you know follow you.
3. If you could go back in time, is there anything that you would do differently online? Think of what advice you would pass on to your younger self or other students.
I would not do anything differently as I haven’t done anything bad or unresponsible. If I were to give some advice, it would be dont do anything dumb. That’s all the advice I would give.